Now I know what you’re thinking, what is the point of talking about another blog on my blog? Although I may be new to the “blogging world”, I am an old friend of the “blog world”. My morning routine consists of a few things, one being that I must read my favorite blogs. I have about eight or nine that I read religiously and absolutely love. Am I the only one who thinks they’re real-life friends with the authors of the blogs they read? Happens all the time.
For awhile I have read Luella & June and Gal Meets Glam. They remain two of my favorites. Bradley of Luella & June is actually a friend of a friend (although I’m not entirely sure she knows it) and lives in Dallas. Her fashion-based blog is very chic and always has fantastic giveaways! Julia of Gal Meets Glam lives in San Fran with her (freshly married) husband and they’re adorable. Julia’s style&beauty-based blog is amazing. Her posts include pictures of her daily outfits which are always so effortless and classy- my kind of gal.
Within the past six months I have added quite a few blogs to my list:
– Cupcakes and Cashmere– if you want to see some who is rocking all trades of the business, check out this blog. Emily is a balancing act. She has written books, created blogs, you name it and she has probably done it. Its amazing to see the possibility of a blog. She started in 2008 and it has continually grown ever since. Her posts range from home decor to sales to style pictures to holiday decor! Its incredibly versatile and would be a good read for many people.
– Things That Sparkle– Alex Kaehler (formally Berlin) is a Chicago-native who has a passion for interior design. So much so that she decided a few years back to open her own interior design business (Alexandra Kaehler Design). She posts about not only home decor and design but also about fashion. Best of both worlds if you ask me. Not to mention, she is recently married and her wedding photos (and venue) are to die for!!! Oh… AND she has a yellow lab— i know, i am biased. Anyways, Alex is extremely talented and I seriously can’t help but love all of her work.
– A Piece of Toast– Molly + Sally + A Piece of Toast = without a doubt the cutest sisters (and blog) ever. The Dallas girls teamed up and created a blog a few years ago and have been a hit ever since. They write about real life things that we are all really thinking about. Yes, fashion and style but also the daily questions we ask ourselves. They bring clarity with a touch of sass and humor. It’s perfect.
– Elements of Style– when first reading Erin’s blog i was immediately attracted to her style of writing. She doesn’t beat around the bush which i can relate to just a little :). This might have something to do with the fact that she lives in the Northeast– again, I am biased. Lately, her blog has focused a lot on her recent move with her husband. Their house is beautiful and she has been posting about the renovations along the way. Her talent for putting all the pieces in a room together is insane. I can’t wait to see all the finished products together. I know it will be wonderful!
– Sequins and Stripes– I was introduced to Liz of Sequins and Stripes by Alex of TTS (above) when they decided to open an office together. She is involved personal styling and overall style management, whether that be consulting or tip&tricks. Liz is one of those girls you really think you would love if you ever met. She is so sweet (errrr…or looks like she would be sweet!!) and can usually be found in something from J.Crew (always a good choice in my opinion).
– Damsel In Dior– Last but certainly not least is my new favorite. Jacey is a serious fashion icon in my books. Not kidding, she has Catt Sadler from E! News in a lot of her photos. Apparently their best friends which makes me want to become friends with Jacey somehow too. But anyways, her style is fantastic and she utilizes the best accessories! She posts her wardrobe photos every day which I always love to admire!
I hope you are able to check out a few of the blogs I read. I get some of my inspiration from reading the blogs above so if you enjoy my blog, please check out their blogs, as well!! Don’t forget about me though :)
Have a wonderful Tuesday!!