tastefulnessblog's Blog

This WordPress.com site is the cat’s pajamas

Tasteful Advice: Give Thanks

Leave a comment

via

I whole-heartedly believe that there is always something to be thankful for each and every day. Here are some staggering statistics:

  • The average monthly salary for someone living in Afghanistan is only $14 a month.
  • 37 million Americans live below the National poverty line. That’s 1 in every 8 Americans living in poverty.
  • 3.5% of U.S. households (that’s people within a home) experience hunger every day. That’s 9.6 million people each and every day.
  • An estimated 750,000 people in America experience homelessness and out of those people only 56 percent find shelter at night for sleeping while the other 44 percent end up sleeping on the streets.

Do you have a home and somewhere to eat dinner this holiday? Then i know a few things you can be grateful for right now. We often take for granted the things we are accustomed to. I was incredibly fortunate to grow up in a home where having dinner on the table was an assumed and reoccurring event and not something that we had to worry about. I am incredibly grateful and thankful of the life and amenities my parents have been able to provide for me. Now do not be confused, when I say amenities I am not referring to the materialistic things. Although, I am extremely appreciative of those, as well. I am referring to the experiences that we have been able to have as a family. Whether that be traveling or vacations or simply a night out for dinner to catch up. It is the time I get to spend with my family, wherever it may be, that I am grateful for today.

Giving Thanks:

– I am thankful to have parents who are amazing, humble and kind beyond words

– I am thankful to have both sets of my grandparents alive and well

– I am thankful to have two older brothers who will always call me the “baby” and let me know when I’m acting crazy

– I am thankful to have a wonderful man in my life that loves me unconditionally

– I am thankful to have a full-time job

– I am thankful to have a  roof over my head and a bed to sleep in

– I am thankful that I have wonderful friends who are selfless and hilarious all while 100% loyal

– I am thankful to have graduated from TCU and experienced the best four years of my life

– I am thankful to be happy.

The list of things I am thankful for is endless. In my eyes, I was blessed with much more than I deserve and a day does not go by that I am not grateful for those blessings. Don’t forget to give back this holiday season if you are able!! Search for soup kitchens or toy drives going on in your local area! It’s amazing the feelings that come over you when you know you’ve made a difference in someone else’s life.

Mom & Dad, in case I don’t say thank you enough, I want you to know how much I appreciate everything you do for me on a daily basis. Whether that is coming to visit me in Texas or giving me random but helpful advice. You are the most amazing parents and I think its clear that I would not be the person I am today without your constant guidance. Thank you for letting me move 1,871 miles (but who’s counting?) away to “try something new.” Thank you for always trusting me and always believing in me. I love you!

Have a great Wednesday! Remember, be thankful and grateful for the life you lead- it’s a good one!

xx, MEB

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s