If you ask me New Years resolutions are designed for you to fail. I mean realistically, how many of you have actually kept a resolution going for longer than 3 months? Not me — that is for sure. I am just not one of those people that can stay committed to something for that long. I am a phase kind of gal. I go through phases like you wouldn’t believe. My mother can attest to this. Therefore, this year after twenty-two something years of making “resolutions” I have decided that a change (read: rule) is necessary. [Rule #1: This year I will make goals rather than resolutions.] Goals seem much more attainable. After all, I want something that can be accomplished and I will be proud to cross off my list come 2014.
I know I am little behind on posting my “resolutions” but whatever, sue me. Here are a few that I’ve been working on and wanted to share with you:
– find a hobby — I don’t know why this is so hard but it’s been on my mind for awhile. I want to find something I can become passionate about. I am currently borrowing my father’s DSLR camera to see if I want to dive back into photography.
– eat organic — whether I like to admit it or not, I am a health freak. Not so much that my life is consumed by it but being healthy and living well has always sparked an interest. I know eating organic is much better for my body so I figure, why not?
– buy classics, don’t just settle for spontaneous sale items — this is a no-brainer. Saving money and being practical about purchases could never hurt.
– teach the dog a new trick — he is turning 3 in April and I think it’s time he learn something new.
– make an educated decision about the blog— i can officially check off my first goal!! With yesterday marking the day I made a decision to get back into blogging.
– make 5 new friends — i know this may sound odd but I am finally getting settled and Dallas is starting to finally feel like home. However, I love meeting new people and think that it would be great to gain some new friends in Dallas. I’m looking forward to seeing this goal develop!
– volunteer — give back!
– cook a meal at least once a week— so far, so good. On Sunday the boyfriend and I made chili and tonight’s menu includes stuffed bell peppers!
– witness something truly amazing— i am hoping this happens before Summer 2013 but if it doesn’t, I know that come July (my big brother is getting married!) I will have witnessed something wonderful.
These are just a few of the goals I have been working on so far. I have a full page in the back of my new calendar dedicated to these bad boys and I cannot wait to start checking them off! Wish me luck! Does anyone have similar goals? Or different ones that they want to share?!
Have a wonderful day!!